Monday 20 April 2009

First Day @ Midbyen Barnehage

Today was my first day at Midbyen Barnehage! I couldn't find the way in and was looking around the area for 10 minutes or so, until I found out that the door I found in the beginning could be unlocked.....:-P Oops! The building was very nice, and it looked quite old, probably from the 1800s-1900s ( I found a sign that said "Midtbyen Barnehage 1887-1987"or something). Maybe some rich folks lived there before? Anyway, today was Monday, which meant that we were going to spend the whole day outside, playing. I couldn't really find anything that I could do, so I just hung around with the kids. They were all so cute... and tiny! :-D They sort of took advantage of me because I didn't know anything, and so they made me join their random games and they poured sand over my hair (not nice...) I worked from 9 to 2:30, with a lunch break and a 15 minute break. It was really intresting for me to see how Norwegian Barnehages work. Basically, everyone plays around (usually outside) all the time. I went to a Japanese Barnehage , and there you only got an hour or two of outside playing time, and we usually did "fun", educational activities inside. We also had a uniform.... so there's a lot of freedom for kids here, but it's really tiring for the teachers! They're so high energy.....
Tomorrow Then!
Marie

1 comment: