Tuesday 21 April 2009

Day 2 @ Barnehage

Today was the 2nd day @ Midtbyen Barnehage! I think I saw Leo on my way there and I was going to talk to him, but that guy just turned a corner, so I decided not to. Today was the lekegrupper day, where the kids spit into age groups to do various activities. I worked with the gulgruppen, a group of 5-6 year old kids. Today they worked on writing there names and the date, and making various swirls on their worksheet. It was really cute to see them try so hard to write their names, and it was VERY cute when they asked me for help to write the number 4. After an hour and a half, it became lunchtime. After lunch, everybody went outside to play, and so I went outside to join them. They constantly asked me to lift them up onto these bars so they can hang from it. After about........ hmmm..... 30+ times of lifting kids that weighed 20 kg, I could FEEL my muscles aching. Lucky for me, I got to take my 30 min. break then! I go up to the pause-room and relax for 30 min. w/ the other teachers. It's nice to take a break, but I can't really join their gossip about the other caretakers & their lives, and their discussion about teens thinking only about sex all the time ( It was AWKWARD to be there!!!) After the break, I spent the last hour pushing kids on the tire swings.
My arms are aching ALOT now... but I seem to be getting better @ Norwegian, cuz that's all I speak there. Great;-)
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment